Stay informed with resources about AHP
There is a range of resources designed to help people understand acute hepatic porphyria (AHP) and handle the challenges of living with the disease. A great starting point is downloading a printable Doctor Discussion Guide. Once the Guide is downloaded, you can complete each section and then bring it to an upcoming doctor appointment. This can help start conversations about whether you should be tested for AHP.
I’m excited to continue advocating for my disease and helping spread the proper awareness whenever and wherever I can with my family and friends, while living my best life along the way.— Candace, living with AHP
Alnylam-sponsored third-party genetic testing and counseling programs for acute hepatic porphyria offered at no charge
The Alnylam Act® program was created to provide access to genetic testing and counseling to patients as a way to help people make more informed decisions about their health.
- While Alnylam provides financial support for this program, tests and services are performed by independent third parties
- Healthcare professionals must confirm that patients meet certain criteria to use the program
- Alnylam receives de-identified patient data from this program, but at no time does Alnylam receive patient-identifiable information. Alnylam uses healthcare professional contact information for research and commercial purposes
- Genetic testing is available in the US and Canada. Genetic counseling is only available in the US
- Healthcare professionals or patients who use this program have no obligation to recommend, purchase, order, prescribe, promote, administer, use, or support any Alnylam product
- No payers, including government payers, are billed for this program
Your doctor must sign up for the program and confirm that you meet certain criteria in order for you to receive genetic screening and counseling at no charge.
This helpful brochure offers a review of AHP, genetic testing and counseling, and the Alnylam Act® program.
SIGN UP to receive updated information about AHP from Alnylam.
All fields are required
Thank you for connecting with us.
One step away! You will receive an email shortly to verify your information and complete enrollment for AHP updates for Alnylam.